Digital marketing is the most powerful form of marketing your business in the most cost-effective way
What is digital marketing?
Essentially, the definition of digital marketing refers to all of your online marketing efforts. You get the promotion of products/services via different forms of electronic media, mainly based on the internet.
Digital platforms are no longer only about your regular life. They are now being used for other purposes, such as marketing purposes. Therefore, it is essential to understand the most important benefits associated with digital marketing. And now you realize the importance of it for a business’s success.
Digital marketing in a nutshell
Digital marketing targets bigger audience in a cost-effective and measurable way while increasing brand loyalty and generating online sales.
These days consumers use the internet to make their search for information a whole lot easier and convenient.
A few details that help you better understand the concept
- it is a way to promote brands and products online and through other digital means. In addition to their website, a company might also use PPC (Pay Per Click) and display ads, email marketing, mobile technology like smartphones, social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn), and other mediums to attract and engage their target consumers.
- unlike TV or print advertising, it allows truly personalized marketing
- it can work with effective results for any activity, business or industry
- it has the advantage that you can adjust the strategy as you go. You do it after you analyze marketing campaigns in real time and implement necessary steps accordingly. This includes: update your PPC campaigns, change your social media ads, optimize your SEO campaigns and update your content to your specific needs.
Do you think that’s all? Here’s more to find out
- you can see faster results than the ones with offline marketing. The interactive approach of digital marketing strategies helps companies to grow their client base in relatively short time
- when you focus on people with highest chances of being interested in your business, you increase your chances of earning a conversion. You earn more conversions that help you grow.
- when you or the company you hire master the various digital skills necessary to succeed, the sky is the limit when we discuss earnings
- unlike traditional marketing that is limited to a specific geographical area, you can reach more potential clients from all over
- it is cost-effective. Digital marketing helps you save money and obtain more leads than off line marketing. We all know that TV ads, billboards, and radio commercials came with a price that was not affordable for small companies
Is online marketing easy? Can I take care of it in the house?
We’d rather say NO, because digital marketing is a very broad field, that requires different complex skills like copywriting, design and data analysis.
However, it always comes down to two main goals:
- Traffic – Getting traffic to your website or the product page
- Conversions – Convert this traffic into paying customers
What do you need to know if you want to learn online marketing?
The first three skills you need to master
- Content marketing
This art is really important for a lot of assignments in digital marketing like writing emails, ad copies, convincing product descriptions, engaging social media posts. Mastering copywriting is crucial for your success in digital marketing. And this is not an easy skill to be mastered, trust me.
Knowing the numbers aka KPI (key performance indicators) of your campaigns is probably the most essential skill to master because digital marketing is a lot about experimenting and misunderstanding while you find out what is working and what isn’t. For example, you will run A/B Tests on your website to test contrasting designs or you will test varied ad copies in a multi various test. Digital marketing is a constant effort to find out the perfect working option.
- Web Design You will need good taste in design when promoting products online. You will certainly need some basic HTML / CSS skills because a lot of template builders for emails or landing pages will require this. This competence can be learned if you have enough time.
In addition, there are other important skills you can use
4. Social Marketing
We all know social media from our personal life. Still, using it for your business is a different story. If you wish things to go viral and get engagement you have to be really good.
Most importantly you need to understand exactly what means to use to promote your product or service. For example, Instagram works better than FB for physical products because you can tag them in your images. On the other hand, LinkedIn is better for high price business to business products or services – it is more professionally directed.
You need to be able to build these strategies and then master the platform.
5. AB Testing / Experimentation
We said before that digital marketing has to do with testing and optimization. There is a whole industry with services, tools and influencers around it. That is called CRO – Conversion Rate Optimization and AB Testing.
6. SEO and Blogging
Most websites get profitable with a good SEO strategy because Google is the most influential search engine and the traffic is immense.
There are probably lots of influencers to follow regarding SEO, who are famous and offer good content on YouTube and blogs.
Mastering SEO is a very challenging bussiness for sure.